Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

splish splash...

I just had to take a moment and share this picture with you all. This is two of Neema's uncle's best friends...Neema and I went for a visit and she fell into some mud so here she is getting an African bath. The three of us were gathered around her in this small bucket and rinsing her off. I couldn't help but think 1. how lucky this little girl is that she has three people loving and bathing her; but 2. how precious these boys are! They help me so much with Neema: cleaning up after her, washing her shoes, take her to the bathroom, etc. They just grow up so close with all their neighbors they are just used to taking care of babies. Sometimes I think they know more than even I do! That's humbling. It is such a breath of fresh air. In a culture where typically caring for the child is "women's work" I can tell that times are changing. The other day I was there and Neema informed me that she had to use the bathroom...as i got up to take her, her uncle said "No, relax. I'll take her." I love these boys.   

Donard, Neema, and Vincent

1 comment:

  1. OK, i have officially become your blog stalker :) now update it! praying for you all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete