Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My little Beth Moore

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Grace told me that she had a dream that Neema was going to be the next Beth Moore. (Moore writes bible studies and leads women conferences all over the US) I don't know about that, but I definitely believe the Lord has some incredible plan for my Neema.

On Sunday, our friend Jennifer was giving her testimony at a church where we do not attend. We go to Trinity Vineyard that is made up of mostly missionaries, NGO workers, and ex-patriots. But this church is one of the oldest in Arusha and has a mostly African congregation...including a great gospel choir! As soon as we got there they were just a singin and dancin in their long red robes.  I was so excited. Neema loves to dance and I thought she was going to head to the front of the church and join them. After one particular upbeat praise song after the choir was finished singing and there is that small silence before the pastor moves onto the next part of the service, from the back of the church Neema yells out "Hallelujah!" Everyone turned around and looked at her and at first i was a little embarrassed that she had yelled out in such a formal church but then people laughed and just said "Amen!" 

Another one of my favorite things she has been doing lately is singing in the car. I realized it the other day as we were riding along when I looked in my rearview mirror and her little hand was raised to the sky praising the Lord and she was singing along to my worship CD. Her favorite song to sing along with is Steve Fee's Glory to God. It is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. She sings... "Flory to God...Flory to God...Flory to God forever...." 

Precious little heart!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Booty Neema, I love you and cannot wait to meet you. Take care of your mom. Tell her pay attention to the road when she drives and not look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet Heath... i am brought to tears by reading this. my heart is full of love and admiration for you; there is nothing easy or conventional about what you are doing, but then again, i wonder what Noah's friends thought about him when he started building that ark. Bless you for being still, for listening to the whisper of God in your ear, for feeling the pull of Neema He put on your heart, for trusting and following when all things conventional told you NO. Bless you for saying YES to the call of the Lord - you will be rewarded for your faithfulness. You will thrive, Neema will thrive - your family will thrive in HIM. I love your header Saving Grace... "we are caught in His grace" what a blessed place to be caught - may you never be free of from it. I am praying for both of you and I trust He is carrying you both in His mighty hands.

    ReplyDelete