Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

oh the joys...

Ok so this is more for existing parents and I hope I don't lose my following of singlets out there still living the Atlanta night life with this post...

Neema is still "potty training" and during the day she has pretty much mastered the concept. If she has an accident I do punish her, even though some say don't punish for that, but the way I see it is if she is old enough to tell me she wants milk or to go outside and play, she is plenty capable of saying I need to go to the bathroom. However, she still consistently wets the bed during nap and at night. I don't punish her on these occasions because maybe she does it in her sleep and can't help it. So the question is...will that eventually just stop happening? Or is there something I can do to help the process? We already go right before bed....I hope she grows out of this soon because pampers here are like $15!!

Here is a story about when she COULD help it. Yesterday, she had to go sit in the 'naughty chair' on my bed because she wasn't being a good listener or something...can't remember exactly why. But she was crying and I wasn't going in there....so when I went in there to talk to her...She had wet her pants ON PURPOSE thus getting both layers of the freshly washed sheets wet! Just so I would have to come clean her up! Oh my goodness I was fuming! She is clever for sure...Everyday I am learning how I have to think ahead as to out-maneuver her. No more naughty chair on the bed. No more lotion where she can reach it. Oh and no more milk and yogurt without supervision. I need like 10 pair of eyes!!!! 

But as I write this...she is next to me rubbing my arm where I have a mosquito bite and saying "don't itch it." Just precious! So a little naughty yes...but so nice!  

****UPDATE****

Ok so to all you sweet souls who posted and sent emails of encouragement...i have to report that Princess Pull-ups have changed my life! Neema has conquered potty-training!! (for the most part) She is obsessed with Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle who grace the front of her pull-ups! She never wants to get her Princesses wet. ;) So I just want to publically profess my gratitude to Pampers Pull-ups!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Just remember, she's not going to go to college still in pampers. Hang in there, she'll master it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan Young wet the bed until he was 18 and still sometimes will wet his pants for attention...

    Just wanted you to know what you were marrying into...love you booty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! i wish we had been talking these past few weeks! bo has been potty training. ugh. i hated with bo, but i really hated it with lu. email if you want to chat about it - not that i'm very helpful, but you can sure vent over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a dog not a baby, and treats seem to work well with dogs...i don't know about babies though. some parents i know give a jelly bean for going.

    ReplyDelete