Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Beginning....

I met this little girl at Cradle of Love in August 2008 when I came to volunteer in Arusha, Tanzania. It is there where I fell in love with the beautiful Neema! Everyday her infectious giggle and bubbly personality won me over more and more. When I went home for Christmas last year I could not get her off my heart. I was planning on returning to Africa in 2009 but to Zimbabwe. However, God had other ideas. He brought me back to Tanzania...back to Neema. She has been living with me since May and I am currently in the process of adopting her. What an incredible blessing she is to my life. Many people wonder why a 27 year old single girl would want to adopt a 2 year old. But it is an honor and a priviledge to take in one of God's children. She has captured my heart and as we wait out this process in Tanzania, I created this blog in the hope that you too can catch a glimpse of her spirit!   

No comments:

Post a Comment