Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Princess Neema


These pictures are not the best but she was moving around so much with excitement I just snapped what I could. She has never even seen these Disney movies (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc.) but she was just enthralled with these gowns and she kept twirling, we were all oooing and ahhhing and I know she felt magical. It's just in our souls this desire to feel beautiful, lovely, and adored. I love watching it in her little three year old personality. She just lets it shine. She doesn't feel the need to live behind this self sufficient front that she has it all under control and doesn't need any applause. Do I want her to grow into an independent woman, absolutely! But I never want her to lose that piece of her heart where she longs for the affirmation and romance of the ONLY one who can truly fill her. I pray she never becomes so self-reliant that she forgets her need for Jesus. Sometimes she asks me if she is a princess and I tell her she is a princess of the Kingdom but not of this world. "i want to be princess of the world." she says. Don't we all? Being home I have really been faced with this struggle...entering back into the world of fashion, fancy phones, and fast cars. I want these things just until i have them. I don't want to want them. I reminded of Paul in Romans 7:15 when he says "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." I am trying so hard to find a balance in between these two worlds. How can I represent Christ in both places? How can I truly serve in Africa in a place where I have such priviledge.....and how can I serve in America without self-righteousness judging all that is opposite of the world I know in Tanzania. When everything in the world tells me to need this, buy that, wear this, love that, etc. I will strive to keep my eyes on the eternal crown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment