Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

First Mother's Day!! It was awesome. We went to Buckhead Church and Neema just thinks Waumba Land is the best! When I picked her up I asked her what she learned in children's church and she said, "God made me wonderfully." I'm guessing they discussed verse psalm 139:14 (I praise you because im fearfully and wonderfully made...) To hear those little words come out of her mouth were enough to make my Mother's Day. I just love being her mama! She amazes me everyday with the things she says and does, but it's her heart that I love so much! Her sweet thoughts and kind spirit.
After church we went to my favorite restaurant HOUSTONS! We rarely go anymore because its so expensive so its probably been close to 2 years since I last ate there. We had the whole family including my grandmother so we splurged big time and got spinach dip and fries for the whole table! :) Then I got my favorite salad on the planet and usually salad is not my favorite but the grilled chicken salad can't be beat. You Atlantans know what I mean. :)
I'm obsessed with this little skirt I found for Neema at Old Navy. Don't mind that its a 2T and it still absolutely swallows her. I got some really cute things on the sale rack! My baby love looks cute!! :)
Thanks Will for being my Mother's Day photographer.

The Mamas. It was so fun to share in this day with the best mama (and now Bibi) in the world!! Later that evening my brother and his sweet girlfriend made a yummy picnic dinner for all the mamas and my family and hers all went to Stone Mountain and with pocahontas table clothes to boot, we had homemade mac and cheese, chicken, green beans, and salad. Despite the weird Atlanta in May chill factor it was a perfect end to Mother's Day 2010.

Will, me, Sims and Becca, Neema, and Ryan.

Thank you to Will and Bec for cooking such a yummy dinner. Thank you to all the Mamas all over the world who I have a new appreciation for. And thank you to Neema for without you I would not have gotten to celebrate such an AMAZING day!! You make everything in life worth it.

1 comment: