Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Drinks in the Driveway

In an effort to see people more often while still being able to get the girl in bed at a decent hour, I decided to have a few friends over for some pizza and a nice cool beverage as the sun fell another jam packed weekend. As I looked around at the people, I had to marvel for a second at the different stages of life everyone was in and it got me thinking. This time last year I and most of my friends were single and obviously my activities reflected that. (Could go wherever I wanted at whatever time I wanted, no planning necessary.) Things are a little different now, and I love it! But I find myself now trying to blend this new way of life (toys, sidewalk chalk, skinned knees) with my old self and my old relationships. Can my single friends still have fun at a driveway gathering dodging tricycles and screaming toddlers? Do I have to have two separate lives? One with the "mom's group" and one with the "girl's night out crew"? I am trying to nurture my old friendships and still make time for uninterrupted girl talk, but also foster new friendships with people who are going through all the the things that are now my daily existence. It's hard, but hopefully "Drinks in the Driveway" can be one night where we can all come together and just enjoy whatever path God has us on in this moment.

The next "Drinks in the Driveway" will be on June 6th. Things to look forward to on that night: Cornhole, rubberband Can game, pizza, more sidewalk chalk body art, margaritas, and more! Hope you all will come!
Susu and Lee

New best friends, and my favorite picture of the night

watch out!

The driveway looked like the site of a crime scene. Whooops!
Yes, blenditure

No comments:

Post a Comment