Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Living the Life

Life has been busy lately. Lots to update you on. First, we went to court on the 5th and I must give a huge praise because our (3rd) finalizing court date got rescheduled for November 27th! Still three weeks away but at least we are getting it in before December when everything here in Tanzania shuts down for like two months for the Holidays. So please continue to pray mightily for NOVEMBER 27th. If we pass court on that day, Neema will be officially my daughter in this country. At that point, we will no longer be confined to these borders and we can then proceed to making her a United States citizen. Oh how I look forward

 to the day……We will all jump for joy together!

Also, we have moved into a new house! There were some bumps along the way (TIA) but we are in and beginning to feel more settled. The house is beautiful and it sits on a hill that overlooks Mt. Meru and when she is not feeling shy I can see Kilimanjaro from my balcony. The Lord has blessed us abundantly. For months I have been praying for the perfect house. A couple that I have loved fell through so I began praying not for certain houses but for the place God would have us be. And not surprisingly he came through for us. It’s a big house but for an unbelievable price! We have a yard for Neema to play, lots of space (plenty of room for visitors!), walking distance to street shops and public transportation, and most importantly we feel safe. We

 brought in two gaurds from the bush who have never even seen gates, locks, etc. So they are learning but they have bows and arrows so don’t mess with them! Penda is still a puppy and not so scary yet but in the next few months we will have the toughest looking dog to go with our superb security. J


The Bushmen

The House

Neema just celebrated her 3rd birthday and it was such a fun day!! We ate lunch at this great restaurant here in Arusha that is like a giant backyard. Many friends came to celebrate over pizza and cake and Neema loved being the center of attention all day! I just couldn’t stop staring at her. I can’t believe she is already three. I am so thankful to God that he has brought us to this place. I am thankful that he has protected Neema all the days of her life and he has faithfully brought us together. I look forward to so many more days of just being in awe of her and in awe of the One who created her.

Looking at the Cake! 





1 comment:

  1. Jeff and I are TOTALLY honeymooning at your new house. It's jigNORMOUS!

    Miss you everyday booty! Happy birthday neema booty!

    ReplyDelete