Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Best Friends

The other night Neema and I were reading from her Children's Bible. We got to the chapter about Jonathan and David and it was titled Best Friends. I was trying to explain to Neema the meaning of best friends. I told her a best friend is someone you tell all your secrets. You know they will always be there for you. You want to spend all your time with them, etc. Then I asked her who was her best friend? And she said "God."

What an amazing answer. I love how children have such pure hearts. It seems they get things that I often miss. I don't know why I make things so complicated. Thanks Neema for shedding light on such a simple truth!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog for about three weeks now. Brittney Merrill told me about you and sent me your blog. Neema is precious. I am praying that you get her home soon! My husband and I have just started the process of adopting from Uganda. We are excited about meeting our Ugandan child soon! Thanks for sharing your life!:)

    ReplyDelete