Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

One simple question....

Neema in all of her preciousness has been going through this phase where she likes to say "I love you" 10,000 times a day. And believe me I can't hear it too much....but the other day I was cooking and cleaning and trying to get the house ready for my friend coming over and she said it and before I even had time to respond she tilted her little head looked at me with her huge eyes and said "Do you love me?" I MELTED. I swooped her into my arms and said "YES! More than anything!" Now she says it all the time because its the cutest thing in the world and she knows she will always get a pick-up and a hug. :) 

But as these sweet words resonated with me, I couldn't help compare it to how Jesus must feel sometimes. In all of my busyness and all of my worries...i wonder if Jesus is just trying to say to me "Do you love me?" When I make a poor decision or judge someone..."Do you love me?" When i intentionally go my own way... "Do you love me?" Or when I simply fail to trust in His ultimate goodness. "Do you love me?" 

He asked Peter this very question THREE times...I can't imagine how many times he needs to ask me. But it is such a reminder to slow down....TRUST HIM....don't let what looks like set-backs turn my heart astray. I pray for an unfailing love and a heart that can't be deterred from the knowledge that he cares for me. I am so thankful that he loves me even when he has to ask me the question "Do you love me?" 

1 comment: