Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

insomnia

its 12:30am here and I can't sleep. But forgive this post if its a little groggy...i need to get in bed. Neema and I are moving tomorrow to an apartment. We have been living with friends for the past couple of months so I'm really excited that we will have our own place. I can't wait to decorate, develop pictures, and just 'nest.' 

Neema is doing well. She is talking more and more in English and its really fun to see her learning a second language. In Africa, people use the term TAKE a lot. For instance, 
one might ask "will you take lunch?" as opposed to "will you eat lunch?" Neema uses this expression in all conversation. If she wants milk she says "i take milk", "i take pray", "i take julia" etc. It's so funny! 

I have to be careful about what I say because its all beginning to be repeated to me. The other day she shook her little finger at me and I said "i mean it!" she did it in a playful way, but im thinking "do i say that to her a lot?" 

These are some shots of Neema eating with her cute little friend Maureen in the village. I now see how she has developed some of her table manners.    
An attempt to teach the girls to be generous...im not sure it's working....


Maureen and Neema...besties! :) 


I just like this photo. Its one of my favorite things about Africa. Fresh fruits and veggies right by the house!

2 comments:

  1. Noooo, not besties! Neema and Prayyy will be besties! SO excited that you're moving into the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see more pictures!!! keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete