Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FINALIZED!!!


In December when I discovered I was getting rescheduled AGAIN, I was told that my new date would probably not be until sometime in March. WHAT?! I knew the judges took off most of January…but I would not be seen again until March? Apparently the whole month of February is designated to criminal cases in which my judge was assigned to a murder case of a woman and her baby. (So sad!! – but another woman and her baby were not happy about waiting THREE more months!) Lucky for me, my lawyer is the best, and he went and spoke with the judge. He pleaded on my behalf and well since the judge had missed three of my appointments due to his father’s death, he had compassion on me and agreed to see my case in the middle of the criminal trial. Huge blessing.

When we got to court there was a big to-do. There were police everywhere and a big truck filled with prisoners piled in the back. All you could see were all their fingers grasping the bars of metal. Really kind of creepy. They would not let us park inside. There were lots of people watching as a group of about 30 military/police stood at attention and were taking orders from the head commander. We didn’t know where to go. I did not see my lawyer and with all my own nerves it was a little chaotic. Finally someone directed us where to wait. Next thing I know, they are rolling out this red carpet (not kidding) and music begins to play. What is going on…all the judges come out in big red robes and people are bowing to them. Very ceremonial. Thankfully it kept me entertained and distracted from my own nervousness.

I spot the social welfare officer and suddenly im feeling more relieved. I’m assuming it would have been highly looked down upon for him to miss this day, as our judge carved out a specific time during criminal cases to hear mine. It seemed as though we waited forever. Finally they called us. This part is boring so ill just skip to where it was stated that it would be in Neema’s best interest to be adopted. Yayyyyyy! Fireworks! Drums!! African tribal noises!! Happy Happy Day!!!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you to all of you who followed the drama on the blog and in life and prayed for us and said kind and encouraging words and messages to me and my family. We are so proud to welcome little Miss NEEMA EVA DUPREE!!!!!













social welfare officer, My lawyer, and Neema's birthfather

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO STINKIN EXCITED FOR BOTH OF YOU!!! You have been patient heath. I cannot wait to meet her! Congratulations Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you! "Oh Happy Day" is being sang in Heaven! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am crying tears of joy for you! Thank you God! I look forward to meeting you in Atlanta! When do you come back to the states?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I cannot imagine the joy! Yipeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Heath and Neema with being mother and daughter!!
    I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just caught up on your blog~! Congratulations! Are you coming home? Or is Africa your new home? Love to hear your stories one day!

    ReplyDelete