Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!!

To commemorate the sweet day that marked the OFFICIAL day of our family blending, I decided to have Neema's biological uncle and two other honorary uncles who I have become so close to over for dinner! I made a cheesy rice and veggie dinner with chapati, avocado, mango, and bananas. It was an African dinner with the good ole American twist: CHEESE!! :) After dinner we had FUN-FETTI cake which Neema had helped me prepare earlier. She got a little confused and started singing happy birthday to herself when I lit a candle, but I just wanted the cake to be special because of such an occasion!! Unfortunately, I did forget to take a picture. :( (so mad at myself for that!!)

BUT, another precious friend Hannah made us some "congratulations cookies!" So see below and they were soo yummy. Thanks Hannah Joy!! :) We love you!


In Tanzania, there is a tradition that once a woman has a baby her new name becomes "Mama name of the child" So even if you have 7 children you will always be referred to as Mama "name of first born." So the cookies say Mama Neema, Congrats, and Neema - so cute!
She could NOT wait to eat these cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Mama Neema ~ I can't say it enough, how excited I am for you guys!!! What a special time for you and Neema!

    ReplyDelete