Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

They are coming!!!!

I found out last week that my brother, sister, Mama, and 2 aunts are all coming to Arusha in March to meet Neema!! I am so excited!! Neema cannot wait to meet Ya Ya, Simsy, and Uncle Will! J We have been so blessed by the support of friends and the prayers of so many…THANK YOU ALL!!

Through this process there have been many tears, frustrations, questions, and days of waiting. Neema and I have been excited only to be let down AGAIN on numerous occasions while trying to finalize this adoption. There have been times where I just sat before the Lord and told him “I know you are Good, but I don’t understand…”

Sometimes we never know why “bad” things happen on this side of Heaven, however, sometimes God lets us in on his Perfect Plans…and I have to say that I am humbled to bits as I am realizing that now my whole family (my dad came last May) will see this place that I love so much!! If it weren’t for all of these reschedules I wouldn’t get to show off my beloved Africa. Not only will they get to come and meet Neema, but they will see where she is from. They will meet her biological family. They will see her interact in her homeland, speaking Swahili and entertaining “her people.” J They will see Cradle of Love, the amazing place that cared for her in infancy.

They will meet the children of Takes A Whole Village. And see why God has put this ministry on my heart! I can’t think of anything more wonderful than for them to see my life here and see how ALIVE Jesus is and experience Him outside of Western Christianity. I’m simply thrilled beyond words! Especially for my brother and sister who at 22 and 16 years old have their whole lives in front of them, God willing. I pray that this will be a life changing experience for them in the way it was for me 3 years ago. My prayer is that they would all go back CHANGED and with a new perspective on what is Real and True.

While I can say that the past few months of continuous visits to the High Court of Tanzania have brought real heartbreak…I am incredibly grateful that my family will see with their own eyes this other world of mine…God’s sweet sweet redemption.








1 comment:

  1. Heath,
    My name is Jessa Mullen and my husband and I are also in the process of adopting here in Birmingham. We are awaiting a match with a birth mother and are hopeful about becoming parents in 2010. A friend pasted along your blog to me and I checked it out. I hope it is ok but I would love to follow your blog and keep up with your journey on adopting Neema. She is a BEAUTIFUL child and I am so excited for you. I just wanted to let you know who this random person is that is following. My blog is: www.jessaatpefectltypink.blogspot.com!
    I look forward hearing more about Neema!

    ReplyDelete