Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

BABY NEEMA

A volunteer at Cradle of Love from 2006/2007 was sweet enough to contact me and offer me pictures she had of Neema as a wee little one. I did not have any pictures of her before she was about 18 months old so these really are extra special to me. 



Then yesterday Neema and I took a visit to Cradle of Love to see the nannies and some of the new babies. They have an all time high of like 43 babies right now. I walked into one room with over 25 cribs and 50 big ole eyes staring back at me. My heart broke as I gazed around at each child either laying or standing gripping the sides of the bed with their tiny hands. Each of them so fearfully and wonderfully made. I tell you the truth, these children were not meant to live like this. Where 40+ babies are looked after by only 5 people at a time. And this is one of the BEST orphanages in Arusha. There are over 147 million orphans in this world. And now in light of the horrific effects of the earthquake in Haiti the number has probably grown even more. These are the "least of these" and God says whatever you do for them you are doing for HIM! Why do so many people profess their love for Jesus with their Lips but not their Life? The Bible says our time on Earth is like a blink of an eye! Let us take actions that will last for eternity. A lady in my church the other day had a different spin on treasures in Heaven. She said, "Children are the only things you can take with you." How beautiful. Please don't be fooled into thinking God only calls certain people to these children. It is a LIE. "Religion that God accepts as PURE and FAULTLESS is this: to look after orphans..." James 1:27  

This is Cradle of Love today: 

These babies are just like my sweet Neema. Except they are still waiting...

1 comment:

  1. What a HUGE blessing those pictures are for you and Neema!!! How amazing of that volunteer to send those to you!

    The picture of those babies on the blanket is heartbreaking! Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete