Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

First Day of School

January 13th, 2010 was a big day for Neema! Her first day ever to school! I am so excited about this little school I have found. It has children from all over the world! There are children from the UK, Australia, Guatemala, and obviously Tanzania. A British woman started this school when she was looking around for her 3 year old and did not find anything she loved. She turned her garage into a classroom and then eventually built another house in her yard for the nursery class. So there is now nursery and Early Years and the school is called "The Learning Space." I have heard such wonderful things about this little class and I was thrilled when I learned that despite there status as "full" they agreed to take Neema. :) Her teachers names are Kate and Nursera. Kate is from Australia and Nursera is Tanzanian so Neema can speak english or swahili and be understood. Being the not shy child that she is, she jumped right in and was not fazed at all when I told her I was leaving. I am thankful for that. I praise God for giving her such confidence although sometimes her fearlessness scares her mama. (stairs, pools, etc. ahhhh) Here are a couple of pictures from her first day. I wish I had taken more....First Day of school (3 years old)

Little House built for the Nursery. So cute, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment