Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Penda!!!

So I was driving down the street the other day when I see this man outside my window holding two puppies....i dont know what happened but my rational side just shut off. I immediately find myself pulling over and asking "how much?!" When he told me 20,000 Tsh (less than 20 dollars) my roommates and I looked at each other and just did it. We bought a random dog off the street! Two babies and now a puppy? Are we CRAZY? Yes...the answer is undoubtedly yes. But his name is Penda which means Love in kiswahili and well he is cute...but somehow i forgot how puppies cry all night...tee tee everywhere...nip at your heels...and chew on everything!
I am hoping to move soon into a house where Penda can live outside!! I keep rationalizing this decision with it will be an investment and great security. Tanzanians are terrified of
 dogs. So thats good if they are robbers but bad if they are our friends. Here
 are some pictures...
Neema is not too sure about this...

But after a couple of pep talks she warmed up to the little guy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Neema has grown a lot since summer! I'm so happy you two are together and I hope and pray that the whole adoption process will be as fast and smooth as possible...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you wanna hear something strange? You & Neema have very similar smiles. I'm so ready to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, there's not much else to say but you truly are the best. love you, miss you, and praying for you everday!

    Love mare

    ReplyDelete