Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

update

So....believe it or not our flight has been canceled. There is talk that there is a plane that is leaving here on Wednesday but I don't know if we will be able to get on it. And I'm not even sure if it will actually come as there are still no flights arriving or departing Amsterdam today (Sunday). The website is giving as little information as possible and KLM here in Tanzania have just turned their phones OFF. No one is answering any of the numbers. So that's fun. We are looking at a few more options but at this point I really have no idea when we will be rescheduled. I have to admit my heart is breaking a little because one of my best friends in the whole world is getting married on Saturday and we have been fighting to get home for this pretty much since she got engaged in September. And everyday that we sit here this little dream seems to be slipping away....but we will hold on to hope because God has brought this far....

While this is a slight setback, I still have much to be thankful for this week! We rented this house!!!! Hallelujah. Just in time. God is good. He is able. We have had so much fun with our loved ones this week. Great couple of nights with the TAWV kids having farewell party and celebrating their Easter break from school. Dinner with Neema's uncle Calvin. Girls night out with my sisters here in Arusha. Someone is hiring my house girl which is such a praise because I didn't want to leave her jobless (she has 3 children of her own). I found my car title which I have been looking for for months and was going to be really expensive and time consuming to replace. And mostly just having a blast with Neema. Watching her mimick things I do... "mama im packing, cooking, checking my facebook." Wanting to brush her hair like me, etc. She is just so fun to be around and every morning I can't wait for her to wake up and come curl in bed with me. Yes I have a lot to be thankful for.

I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. Stay tuned.....I should really write a book about this last year...but im afraid I might deter people from adoption or international travel! Ha! What a crazy ride. But ill take crazy ride over tip-toeing through life anyday!

God Bless all of you today.

1 comment: