Photobucket
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012


I have been waiting for 2012 for a long time. This is a big year for us. Neema will hopefully be granted full citizenship, I will complete my graduate studies and student teaching, and for the first time in 2 years Neema and I will be free to travel together anywhere in the world! Oh the possibilities! We have definitely been and continue to be in a season of waiting. The uncertainty of our futures is most evident in my life because this could be a year of major transition for us. We don't know what plans the Lord has as I start this next leg of my journey. Will I get a job in Atlanta? Will He call me back to Tanzania? What are the implications of either of these decisions? Will I hear Him clearly? Will I obey? Will I be thankful regardless of the road He sets out before me? I know I can trust Him because I have seen his faithfulness - His faithfulness in bringing Neema and I together. Granting her a visa. Giving me an awesome and supportive family here and in Tanzania. Making a last minute spot available in grad school, Opening a door at Trinity - for myself and Neema - the greatest school ever! So when I struggle with these strenuous times of waiting, I try to look back at how far He has brought us and how He has loved us and provided. I have so many reasons to be thankful for last year and I am very excited about the year ahead! 

I remain confident of this: 
I will see the goodness of the LORD 
in the land of the living. 
Wait for the LORD; 
Psalm 27 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment